Kentucky weather has clearly been uncertain the past couple years. Cold winds and temperature has caused many drivers to be more aware of keeping their vehicles in optimal operating performance. Reviewing all our past customer literature, we have listed below what seems to be most important to drivers for our type of weather. We have created a WINTER CAR CARE package that targets these components for only $79.99, giving you the best for your buck. We have also posted our cold weather video to help explain things further. Please let us know if we can answer any questions and you can always schedule for a Cold Weather Check Appointment.
- Test Battery
- Clean Battery terminals and make sure all connections are tight
- Replace your wipers and install winter washer fluid
- Check your heating / defroster operation
- Check your cooling system for proper protection and operating temperature
- Check tires for proper inflation (including your spare tire), wear indicators and any cupping/tread issues — every 5 degrees C change in temperature results in about 1 psi change in tire pressure
- Have your oil changed and brakes inspected
- Check to make sure all your lights work properly (Check Hazard lights as well)
- Wash and Wax
- Vacuum and Clean inside windows
- Place rubber floor mats in floor boards
- Make an emergency pack for your car, like an extra car charger, blanket, and flash light
[360_youtube_embedder_noauto videoid=”hHKqYldvUgE” width=”600″ height=”368″] [/360_youtube_embedder_noauto]
Winter Warm Up Times . . . What’s Good for Your Vehicle and What’s Not?
When the sub zero temperatures are present and we are caught in the teeth of Winter’s frozen grip, it is not uncommon to start our vehicles and allow them to warm up. Question is, what’s good as far as idle times and what’s not? Click HERE to learn more.